Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year... New You


OK, so it's officially 2013! I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've been on. I have quite a bit going on and I'm trying to make some big moves this year. Aren't we all? That's the DIVA way.

So, what's on my agenda this year? First things first... I'm trying to get in shape. You know... Get it tight and get it right! No, I don't expect it to be an overnight event. I'm very realistic. I don't have resolutions or anything like that. This is a lifestyle change that I just happen to be jump-starting at the beginning of the year.

I have a one year goal, but I believe everything is easier to attain when you have smaller goals to achieve along the way. And I've definitely set up a one month, three month and six month goal to achieve along the way.

First, I have thirty days to implement an exercise plan. And just in time for Valentine's Day, might I add! ;) No, I'm not doing this so I can fit nicely into my nice red dress, which is gorgeous, I might add. I'm doing this because I'm 26 and beginning to notice that my body just doesn't look the same. I'd say I fell in love with my 23 year old body, but, this year, I plan on falling in love with my body all over again.

Next, I have three months to STOP eating all of the things that I know I shouldn't. Now, for me, my needs are more health based than anything else. As a borderline diabetic, my body doesn't process gluten and sugar the same as an average person's. If I eat too much gluten or sugar, I experience side effects, sometimes as bad as passing out. This may seem like an easy feat to conquer, but you never realize how much gluten and sugar you eat on a daily basis until you try to cut it out. Pasta, bread, lunch meat, cookies, cake, fried foods, etc. Gluten is in lots of the food we eat everyday. And for me, bread is a huge weakness. Same with fried fish, fried chicken, fried oysters, french fries, etc. I think you get the picture.

Lastly, my six month goal is to be able to job 3 miles in 24 minutes, do 25 push ups in two minutes, and 64 sit ups in two minutes. These numbers didn't seem daunting until I tried to do it. I run (OK, I'm lying... I walk/ jog.) a mile in about 12 minutes. That means I'll have to shave 12 minutes off my time. I can only do about 6 push ups, maybe 7 if I really push myself. And sit ups.... yeah, I'm in the 20s. I can't even make it for two minutes in any of the categories right now. But, I'm determined that I can make it happen this year.

So, tomorrow, I'll be posting my Day One pictures. It's going to be a process... and trust me when I tell you to not let my body fool you. I'm not incredibly overweight, only about 8 pounds. But I am incredibly out of shape. So, join me and let's get our bodies in shape together. What are your goals? What can you realistically do over the next thirty days? Let's accomplish this together!

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment