Monday, December 31, 2012

Day Thirty... Love Yourself First!

WOW!

These last thirty days have gone by too quick and, I have to tell you, I do believe this has been the best thirty days of my life. You know, when you begin to focus on things other than yourself and your own problem, you give GOD an opportunity to work on and through you. You'd be surprised how incredibly fulfilled you become. I stopped focusing on things in my life, petty things, that were not panning out the way I imagined. And BAM! God took control and brought me to where I am today.

2013 is looking as promising as ever! While embarking on this journey with you and doing research to truly be able to speak from a place of knowing, I learned how to love myself more than I ever did before. And you can too! It's not an overnight transformation for most individuals. It takes time to truly learn how to love yourself. The important thing is that you're headed in the right direction.

I try to say it in every message I send out, but sometimes I forget. So, if this is the ONLY thing you take from my message, just remember this. YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT LOSE WITH GOD ON YOUR SIDE. I know I just posted "Lord I Need to Be a Winner" yesterday, but there's nothing wrong with a little reiteration. That is a POWERFUL poem. Not because I like it, and I do, but because EVERY SINGLE WORD in that poem is an affirmation of your faith in GOD and your faith in his ability to make you a WINNER. And, I don't know about you, but I WANT TO WIN IN THIS GAME OF LIFE!

Let me give you a quick rundown of the topics we've covered over the last month.

  • Bad Association Spoils Useful Habits
  • Stop Trying To Be Someone You're No
  • Let Go of the Victim Syndrome
  • Learn to Forgive
  • Don't Be In a Rush
  • Don't Be Anxious About Tomorrow
  • If At First You Don't Succeed
  • Start Making Moves
  • What Motivates You
  • Never Get Desperate
  • Perfect for YOU
  • Follow the Road on the Journey to Happiness
  • Be Happy Now
  • Positive Self Talk
  • Positive Affirmations
  • Take Some Me Time and DO YOU
  • Be Your Own Competition
  • What Do You Want
  • Stop Lying to Yourself and Let Go of the Past
  • Setting Effective Goals to Put You On a Path to Success
  • Visualize Your Goals and Live the Dream Today
  • Listen to Your Inner Voice
  • Get Ready to Live Your Best Life NOW
More than anything else, I hope you were able to realize that it takes two. YOU and GOD. No matter what you desire in life. No matter what your dreams are. No matter what obstacles, trials and tribulations you have to overcome. No matter what you have gone through in the past. No matter how hard life has been for you. No matter where you want to go in the future. If God sees you to you, he WILL see you through it.

I'm a living testimony of his miraculous power. At the lowest moments in my life when family and friends gave up on me, GOD carried me through the storm because I was too weak to carry myself. When I didn't love myself, GOD loved me first. When I thought I was worthless, GOD showed me my worth. When I thought life wasn't worth living anymore, GOD showed me I am PRICELESS in his eyes.

So, now I'm encouraging you to turn to GOD and LOVE YOURSELF FIRST. It makes no difference what you want out of life, you have to do those two things to be truly successful. If you turn to GOD, you won't allow yourself to be mistreated. If you turn to GOD, HE won't lead you astray. And if you turn to GOD, he will help you learn how to LOVE YOURSELF FIRST and he will show you how to be successful. Jeremiah 29:11-13 tells us that "11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

You can't expect to find fulfilling relationships with anyone, male or female, platonic or romantic, if you do not love yourself FIRST. You can not expect to reach real success if you do not love yourself FIRST. Most importantly, you deserve to love yourself FIRST.

So, this year, let's live our best lives NOW. Let's bring it in DIVA STYLE. And let's make a vow to always put GOD first and LOVE OURSELVES FIRST!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment