- Am I happy with my level of success in life?
- Have I been successful in accomplishing my goals in life?
When you set goals for your life, you should look at the big picture and ask yourself what you'd like to achieve in life. By thinking about what you'd like to accomplish with your life in the big picture, you can then hone in on what's important to you and make sure you're walking with a purpose. Take time to brainstorm and really ponder over these things. MindTools.com gives some areas to think about to effectively cover all of the areas in your life. Make sure the answers you give do not reflect the opinions of others, but your own true feelings.
- - What level do you want to reach in your career, or what do you want to achieve.
- - How much do you want to earn, by what stage? How is this related to your career goals?
- - Is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular? What information and skills will you need to have in order to achieve other goals?
- extended family? - Do you want to be a parent? If so, how are you going to be a good parent? How do you want to be seen by a partner or by members of your
- - Do you want to achieve any artistic goals?
- - Is any part of your mindset holding you back? Is there any part of the way that you behave that upsets you? (If so, set a goal to improve your behavior or find a solution to the problem.)
- good health deep into old age? What steps are you going to take to achieve this? - Are there any athletic goals that you want to achieve, or do you want
- - How do you want to enjoy yourself? (You should ensure that some of your life is for you!)
- e - Do you want to make the world a better place? If so, how?
The last tip for today on effective goal setting for success is to use the Yale University "S.M.A.R.T." acronym when setting your goals. SMART stands for specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time framed. Make sure all of your goals meet those standards.
I know this was a lot of information to take in right now, but it's all to get you closer to your dreams. I know we all want to be successful DIVAs and there's nothing like good, strong goals to to show yourself how much you love yourself! After all, DIVAs like to stay on TOP of the world, so get to work on setting those goals to get you where you want to be, not keep you where you are! Make sure the goals you've set for your life keep pushing you higher and higher into DIVA status.