Friday, December 7, 2012

Day Six... Don't Be Anxious About Tomorrow

Sometimes I have so many things running through my mind and on my plate, it's difficult for me to remember what I need to do first. What's a priority in my life? Where's my life going? How long is it going to take me to get to where I need to go? Should I get my MBA or my Juris Doctorate? Is this the career I want? Should I go left or should I go right? I start feeling overwhelmed and stressing about little things, tasks are piling up and I can't catch up. All I can think is that I have so much to do today but, since I know I can't do it all, I'll have even more to do tomorrow. The next thing you know, it's been two or three days since I've had a decent night's rest because I'm so anxious about what tomorrow will bring. (And, trust me, an unrested Diva is not a nice Diva.)

Realistically, though, we all do it. We all find ourselves overwhelmed by the roller-coaster of life and the many things on our never-ending To Do lists. I have to catch myself before I allow myself to be pushed over the edge by the stresses of life. Whenever I'm feeling like I'm dealing with more than I can handle, I call one of the special women in my life and they break it down for me. You know, take me back to the basics and that means back to the Bible.

IMG_7315

At times, we may not know what our next step should be. But we have to rest assured and know that, even when we are unsure of our future, we have to rest assured that God's plan for us is greater than ours. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for eveil, to give you a futue and a hope." What can be better than following God's plan? What plan can be more complete? None other.

Knowing that God has plan for you should bring you peace of mind. It doesn't mean that you will never fall or fail. But you can rest assured that, should you veer to the left or to the right, God will make sure you get back on track. (Proverbs 3:5,6) At any time, if you find yourself feeling overwhelmed or anxious as we often do, remember to throw your burdens on God. Allow him to relieve some of the pressure in your life, because he cares about you and doesn't want you to worry about what tomorrow may bring. (1 Peter 5:7; Psalms 55:22)

If all else fails, here's the Serenity Prayer. I often repeat it over and over again when I find things in my life are becoming overwhelmingly stressful.
Serenity Prayer
Serenity Prayer

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.

So, remember, real Divas don't worry or stress, we pray. There's no need to worry about today or tomorrow when you're allowing GOD to make your path straight and guide your feet.

THXCRTHB9X64 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment