Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day Five... Don't Be In a Rush

I'm the youngest of six. Yes, that's right. I have three older sisters and two older brothers... and they all have families. I have a total of seven nephews and five nieces. Me... I'm what is often referred to as a lone ranger. But, you know, sometimes I just don't want to be alone. I get in these moods where I start calling my mom and sisters and talking about falling in love, having a big wedding, birthing a set of sextuplets and living happily ever after. I start thinking about how old I am and wondering if I'm where I'm supposed to be in life, like there's some kind of timeline that I'm falling behind on.

Then reality hits. I enjoy being me and just doing my own thing. I have a sign in my house that says "After my mani, pedi and facial, I just needed a little ME time." I bought it for myself because I love to spend time by myself. After all, I'm a DIVA and I love to be pampered and just relax, do my own thing. I don't need to be in a rush!

Not that you have to lose yourself once you get involved in a serious relationship, but we often do. Especially once children come into the picture. It's a whole lot of work and responsibility when you aren't ready for it. Although I think we all want someone to be around sometimes, we have to ask ourselves if we're entering relationships for the right reasons and ready for all of the responsibility that comes along with serious relationships and marriage and parenthood.

It's easy to fall into the trap of getting involved in relationships for all of the wrong reasons. I know because I've been there, done that. But you have to continually remind yourself that it's OK to be alone. As a matter of fact, it's better to be alone than in a relationship you really do not want to be in, wishing that you were. It's even OK to be lonely sometimes. But look for ways to fill the voids you have in your life other than with people or things, because they might provide temporary fulfillment. But they won't equal lasting happiness.

Start looking for things to do to meet people who share your interests. Develop and cultivate friendships with people who will love, appreciate and respect you, and who are willing to invest in the relationship also. Most importantly, do some soul searching. Personally, I think writing it down is good because then you have a written manifestation of your desires. Ask yourself what you're really looking for and what you're really ready for.

Make sure that the next relationship you find yourself investing in is with a person that not only shares your interests, but reflects the qualities and characteristics of the person you want to  grow to become. Take your time and really get to know the person before you jump into a relationship with them. Don't be in a rush. Remember, DIVAs like us have to stay on top!

<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">HyperSmash.com</a>
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment