Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day Eight... Start Making Moves

Have you ever thought about something for so long that you've talked yourself out of a decision? And then you wonder why nothing has ever come to fruition? Sometimes, if you think too much, you can create a mountain out of a molehill. I know, because I've done it countless times. 

I used to freak out about making decisions, especially if it wasn't a decision that had to make. I am, by far, the most indecisive person to walk this planet. When I'm at a restaurant, I change my mind about five or six times before our waiter comes, and then I change it one or two more times.I'm always forced to go last, so I can't change my mind. The waiter comes, takes everyone else's order, gets to me, takes my order, then walks away. It's the only way I can not change my mind- to have the option of changing my mind taken away from me.

Now, I know making a decision on whether to have Cinnamon Brioche French Toast or Belgian Waffles with my Corned Beef Hash Omelet is not as serious a decision as whether to work towards my MBA or my JD. But the same ideology applies. If you refuse to actually make a decision, you can't change your situation. 

It's important to have a game plan. 
  1. Evaluate the situation. 
  2. Decide what choices do you need to make.
  3. Think about what decision do you need to come to.
  4. Ask yourself what you want the outcome to be.
  5. Most importantly, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK.
Remember, no matter what the outcome is,  GOD's plan for us is always greater than our own. You have to believe that things turn out just the way they should be, although we won't always know the reason why. Sometimes, you have to go for the gusto. Since there are no guarantees in life, you have to take chances. If you don't take chances, your situation will never improve. You'll be stagnant forever. But you have to believe that you're ready to move forward with your life. You have to start making moves... DIVA STYLE!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment